Controlling ants can be a challenging issue to self treat. There are over 12,000 species of ants in the US, and different species require differing elimination techniques. House ants, fire ants, and carpenter ants are just a few of the common species you'll see here in Polk County, FL.
Below are some of the common behaviors of ants regardless of their type:
- Points of Entry: Ants need only a very tiny opening to enter your home or business. They seek shelter, food and water. You will often find ants in kitchens, pantries and storerooms - simply because there is always a food source there.
- Trails: Once the ants find a good source of food and water they leave a very distinct trail that can only be seen by other ants.
- Home Sweet Home: Ants are very resourceful when it comes to finding and constructing their living quarters. Many times they choose places around the home - such as in your yard, inside your walls or even under your home.
- Army of Ants: An ant colony can house hundreds of thousands of ants. The ants are very mobile and can pick up and move quickly and easily when they sense danger.
- Life Span: Ants are very hearty insects and can live up to 7 years, with the Queen Ant living as long as 15 years.
If you have an infestation of ants and are trying to control them yourself with store bought products, it will be a never-ending process. You will only be eliminating the ants you can see, leaving the nest totally untouched.
The easiest and most cost-effective solution to an ant infestation is to hire the professionals at County Boy Pest Control. We will identify the type of ant infestation you have, allowing us to choose the proper technique to eliminate the nest, as well as the ants. We will then be able to set up an eco-friendly ant prevention plan to keep you and your house safe year round.
Call Today for a Free Estimate 863-293-7331 or 800-258-8662
Fast Friendly Reliable Service